We Listen. We Evaluate. We Execute.
Mr. Borman advises clients on all manner of business transactional matters, from startup to sale. Prior to joining Dillon Miller Ahuja & Boss, LLP, Mr. Borman worked in firms, was in-house counsel to two publicly-traded San Diego companies that each had over 1,000 employees, and had his own private practice for over six years. He advises founders on pre-formation matters, helps structure startups with a strategic eye toward long-term success, assists established businesses of all sizes with their day-to-day needs from contracts to employment matters to trademarks, and helps clients through acquisitions and liquidity events. In addition to his business transactional practice, Mr. Borman also helps families with their estate planning needs, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, advance health care directives, and the ancillary documents that flesh out an effective estate plan.
A native of San Diego’s coastal North County, Mr. Borman enjoys being on, in, and around the Pacific Ocean. An experienced backpacker, Mr. Borman enjoys engaging the beauty and challenges of the Sierra Nevada and our local mountains and deserts. Married with a daughter, Mr. Borman serves on the advisory council of one of San Diego County’s largest non-profit organizations.
- Business Transactional Matters
- Estate Planning
- Represented the buyer in a multi-million-dollar asset purchase of a service company with locations throughout California.
- Represented the seller in a multi-million-dollar stock sale of a technology company with a global presence.
- Represent the owner of a chain of gyms in Southern California, from startup through accretive growth.
- Fought and defeated a City of San Diego code enforcement action that would have shut down a family-owned business.
- Handled multiple purchases of professional practices, including accountancy corporations.
- Represent and advise one of the world’s most successful streamers and YouTube personalities, from restructuring their pre-existing business entity, to negotiating an exclusivity agreement with Google, to assisting with real estate acquisitions and leasing.
- Represent and advise the founders of one of the world’s most successful YouTube channels.
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- University of Washington